Korean Government Scholarship 2023 | KGSP (Fully Funded) | Apply Now
There are three kinds of scholarships offered by Korea
- KGSP (Korean Government Scholarship Program)
- Professor scholarship
- University & departmental scholarship
KGSP (Korean Government Scholarship Program)
It is a fully funded scholarship by the Korean government (tuition fee is 100% free + monthly stipend) Duration: it started from February to April every year, but the deadline is varying from university to university. you can directly apply to some specific university after securing the scholarship you can choose a professor from the related department. if you contact to the professor before applying, it’s also a better option. But for KGSP, you just have to learn the Korean language for one year then after that, you can continue your study related to your major.
For a professor Scholarship firstly, you have to find the universities that offer your program then you have to shortlist professors related to your research interest. Make an effective CV and write a brief email showing your interest and passion to the professor. if the professor agrees then the chances of your securing a scholarship are increased.
University and departmental scholarships:
They are not offered by all universities and it varies from university to university.
- There are two intakes in Korea, 1st is September and 2nd in March intake For September intake
Application period is usually started from February to April (vary university to university) for March intake application period is from September to October.
- KGSP and professor scholarships are more common.
- Their most programs are MS leading to PHD.
- Previous Degree Completion is required to apply.
- IELTS is not compulsory because some universities may accept English proficiency certificates.
Below is a link to a file that contains each university in Korea's details and its application procedure. Go through this for detailed information. https://drive.google.com/file/d/11DLXB8H9Cl5LdoG5aIF7IVmz5nZQKb7U/v iew?usp=sharing